Are you downsizing, relocating or redecorating? Do you have wonderful things in your home that you no longer need or maybe they just don’t fit in with your décor style?
Acosta’s is the perfect place to showcase your items for others to purchase and enjoy! We will stage, advertise, and market your items in our beautiful showrooms in order to give maximum visibility to a large number of buyers and ensure a quick and profitable sale of your goods.
Consignment furniture doesn’t mean it is heavily used and it doesn’t mean it’s old. Many of the items at Acosta’s are nearly new, brand new and some can still be found in retail stores! Acosta’s only accepts quality furniture with styles that appeal to a large number of customers, please do not be offended if we are unable to accept an item- we accept based on previous experience with comparable items and never want you to go through the time and trouble of bringing an item to us if we aren’t confident that we can sell it for you.
***Due to Covid-19 the following terms & safety precautions will remain in place until further notice***
- Consignor forms must be filled out online and brought in with your items or emailed ahead of time.
- Décor items must be dropped off at the drop off area in bins, boxes or bags. (bins will not be returned)
- Items must be cleaned before they are brought in.
- Items will NOT be reviewed upon arrival and will be accepted on a drop-n-run basis only.
- Items will be in holding for 72 hours before they are handled by our staff for processing.
- Processing may take up to 2 weeks. Consignment 90-day terms do not begin until the items are processed.
- *Due to Covid-19, some of our policies and procedures have temporarily changed. Due to the volume of incoming consignment items and storage limitations, we will not be returning home decor items that we are unable to consign due to condition or style issues. Damaged and non-consign-able items will automatically be donated.
Book your home decor drop off consignment appointments now!
ITEMS WE ACCEPT
- Artwork: Original / Framed / Decorator / Canvas (we are unable to accept gold framed artwork or mirrors at this time)
- Metal, mirrors and iron wall hangings
- Home Décor (Minimum retail value of $25 – current style)
- Decorative accessories
- Decorator Rugs (Must be new)
- Holiday (Seasonal: Spring/Summer – January-June, Fall June-August, Christmas July-November)
- Lamps & small-medium size chandeliers
- Current style decorative pillows & throws (must be like new)
- Small accent furniture
- Clean & current style floral arrangements, potted trees & greenery
- Current style china & dish sets (with at least 6 complete place settings)
- Brand name crystal (Waterford, Lalique, Baccarat, Swarovski)
- Lladro & Armani Figurines
- Sterling silver (we are unable to accept silver plate items at this time)
- Some small antiques/primitives/farmhouse style
- Clean garden decor & outdoor planters
- If you have small items not on this list, please email photos to email@example.com before bringing them in.
FURNITURE (Please submit photos for approval)
- Beds, daybeds, bunk/loft bed, dressers, nightstands, wardrobes
Living Room furniture
- Sofas, love seats, sectionals, chaise lounges, recliners, tables, chairs, ottomans
Dining Room furniture
- Table and chairs, server/sideboard, china cabinets (china cabinets must be accompanied by a table & chairs set), pub tables
- Desks, credenzas, desk chairs, decorative file cabinets
- Bars, bar stools, media seating, media stands, decorative chest, curio cabinet, bookcase, baker’s rack
- Outdoor Furniture (Seasonal February-June)
- Upholstered furniture
- Game tables, Foosball tables, shuffleboard tables, working arcade games, and jukeboxes
- Pianos (Ebony baby grand only)
- Pool tables (furniture style tables, must be refelted upon arrival)
***Age: 5 years or younger preferred as they sell best. Mature pieces will be considered and accepted based on brand, style, color and condition.
ITEMS WE CANNOT ACCEPT
- Large chandeliers & hard wired sconces
- Appliances (exception: wine refrigerators
- Commercial office furniture
- Entertainment centers/TV armoires
- Exercise equipment
- Glass top end table, coffee tables (selective)
- Lacquer furniture
- Lamps without shades or with yellowed/damaged or pleated shades
- Upright pianos
- Particle board furniture
- Small ‘knick-knacks’
- Beanie babies, Hummels, or any other 80’s type collectibles
- Collector plates
- Antique sewing machines & antique student desks
- Textiles (Draperies, linens, bedding, clothing)
- Unframed art, faded prints, art with dated matting or framing
- Victorian style seating
- Items with missing or broken hardware
- Items in need of repair, cleaning, refinishing or re-upholstery
- Furniture with water stains or noticeable scratches on the primary surfaces
Acosta’s accepts quality furniture in excellent to nearly-new condition (an 8 to 10 on a 10-point scale). Merchandise must be clean and ready to be presented for resale. The better is looks, the better it sells!
- Should be vacuumed on top of and under cushions
- Free of rips, stains, tears, worn upholstery
- Free from discoloration from sunlight or inconsistency of fabric
- Smoke free/ Odor free/ Free of pet hair
- Cushions should have little to no indication of sagging or lack of shape.
- Stable construction
- Dust and cob web free.
- Free of watermarks and discoloration.
- Free of major scratches, chips or other noticeable flaws.
- No broken or missing hardware pieces. Drawers and doors must operate properly.
- Hardware for items that are not pre-assembled must be in a plastic sealed bag and labeled appropriately.
- Legs and frame must be sturdy
* There will be a quality inspection of your furniture pieces upon arrival at the store prior to final acceptance for consignment. We reserve the right to decline any items that do not meet our quality standards. A cleaning fee of $1-$25 (depending on the size of the piece) may be charged if an item requires excessive dusting or cleaning prior to displaying.